DID YOU KNOW THAT MOST CHIMNEYS VENTILATE NOT ONLY YOUR FIREPLACE BUT ALSO YOUR HOT WATER HEATER AND YOUR FURNACE OR BOILER?
Your chimney is exposed to the same weather and elements as your roof, and will[can] also suffer harmful damage and deterioration. Your chimney should be inspected regularly, preferably in spring or early summer when heating season is over. That way, you’ll minimize any damage and have enough time to schedule any repairs you may need before a new heating season begins in the fall.
Some chimney problems are dangerous enough to require immediate attention!
Chimney Inspection List:
- Spalling Bricks, Mortar, Stucco or Stone - Water can seep into the outer surface then freeze, blowing these masonry systems apart.
- Firebox Problems – The masonry inside and around your fireplace deteriorates and leaks water.
- Mortar Loss – Over time, mortar breaks down weakening the chimney. Early repair is essential to prevent more extensive damage. Repointing and replacement of bad mortar is certainly preferable to eventually rebuilding the entire chimney.
- Parts Falling Off – If the deterioration goes too far…watch out! Call us immediately!
- Flashing Leaks - This metalwork protects your home from water entering and damaging everything from the surrounding sheathing, framing, insulation, ceiling, walls, windows and electrical wires which can cause a fire when wet.
- Fireplace Smoke Back-Up – If Smoke enters your rooms rather than exiting up the chimney flu it is a drafting problem. As a temporary fix, try slightly opening a nearby window to increase the updraft.
- Carbon Monoxide Leaks – The most dangerous and deadliest condition of all! It occurs when gas migrates into your home rather than through a vent usually in your chimney.
If your chimney is showing these types of problems, contact GF Sprague immediately. We can perform chimney repairs of all types from minor fixes and regular maintenance to complete rebuilding and restoration.
CHIMNEY INSPECTION SERVICES
We’ll inspect your chimney and surrounding roof and gutters for any related issues, then spend the time with you to review your options.
What are our customers saying about GF Sprague’s chimney repairs?
Contact us for a free estimate today by calling 781-455-0556.
FOR EMERGENCY SERVICES, CALL 781-455-0556.
Areas we service in Massachusetts for chimney inspections, maintenance and repair:
Needham Mass |Wellesley Mass |Weston Mass | Wayland Mass | Sudbury Mass | Newton Mass | Brookline Mass | Cambridge Mass |Arlington Mass |Boston Mass |Concord Mass |Lexington Mass |Canton Mass |Dover Mass |Duxbury Mass |Winchester Mass |Cohasset Mass |Hingham Mass |Beverly Mass |Swampscott Mass |Scituate Mass |Prides Crossing Mass |Framingham Mass |Natick Mass |Quincy Mass |Carlisle Mass |Ipswich Mass |Gloucester Mass |Manchester Mass |Newburyport Mass |Westwood Mass |Sherborn Mass |Belmont Mass |Lincoln Mass |Milton Mass |South Natick Mass |Wellesley Hills Mass | Newton Corner Mass |Auburndale Mass |Newtonville Mass |Forest Hills Mass |Waban Mass |Newton Highlands Mass |Newton Centre Mass |Chestnut Hill Mass |Waltham Mass |Watertown Mass |West Roxbury Mass |Dedham Mass |Norwood Mass |Medfield Mass